Saturday, August 4, 2012

starting over - a testimony


Last Sunday I publicly accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior through my water baptism! I feel incredibly renewed! I grew up in a church but didn't quite take my personal relationship with God serious until college. It was something I knew I wanted to do but I dismissed the thought. I couldn't help but think what life would be like as a newly baptized christian.. and in other words, I was not ready to give up certain things I was comfortable with knowing that I'd be baptized. I knew there were things that I liked that could easily be deemed as un-christian like. I was unsure of some things and did not feel ready to make such a leap and commitment.

I believe the Lord gave me an awareness that jumpstarted the path towards starting over. I was sure that only God was responsible for the happenings in my life, both good and bad. There were certain things happening in my life that I felt like I could only rely on him to get through. I was in a battle against suicidal thoughts, depression, self-doubt, uncertainty, and fear (just to name a few). I was fully aware that only God would provide a way out for me and restore my happiness and joy. Eventually, I reasoned with myself and saw that going back and forth with the idea was enough of a sign to get me to go through with it. I also believe that it was time that I bring my relationship with my Father to another level and what better way but to give myself higher standards w a new challenge.

Living a christian life is hard to explain. I much rather say I try my best to be a good person and strive to do things that are pleasing to him (my heavenly Father). I am human so temptation is real and so is the battle which is not against flesh and blood but with evil authorities and spirits (Ephesians 6:12). Heck, I struggle with self-control in healthy eating choices and shopping; its real out here in these streets! -as one of my friends would say ^_^

I'm sharing my baptism story to also express my excitement for communion. Tomorrow (well today) is the first Sunday and the church I go to holds communion every first Sunday. I am excited to finally be able to honor and remember Christ through the body and blood communal ceremony!

Finally, this post is to encourage ALL readers that having FAITH is essential to living life. Faith is the confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see (Hebrews 11:1). This definition is one that can be applied in most (all) things. When we create goals and have ambition to achieve something that is not yet a truth, we must operate through faith in order to follow through with that plan. Dreams, in my opinion, can be described as a basket of faith and hope combined. Any challenge requires some sort of faith that the tools are available to overcome what ever it may be. If you can dream and you have hope that all (or most) of your actions are in fact exercised through the faith of it's possibility. My faith is in my Father, God whom I identify as being part of the trinity; The Father the Son and the Holy Spirit.

To everyone who is struggling in this moment on this journey called life, be comforted through your blessings, and be refreshed and fueled with faith. No hard work is in vain! Joy comes in the morning! Surely after the storm there is a rainbow |

--Sometimes pain bares beauty marks--


sazu



birdsfly

No comments:

Post a Comment